I can only think how many times have you been asked, have you made your New Year’s Resolution? If so, did you have an answer? Hmmm, sometimes it can be very easy and other times it is “they never work”!
I understand if you think they never work. it can be so demoralising, but it does not need to be.
- Do you make your resolution so hard you cannot reach it?
- Do you jump in and think, “I can do this and then find you cannot”?
The expectations we put on ourselves is so wrong from many perspectives: health, happiness, self-esteem and stress
One reason you may not achieve your resolution could be, YOU are not working on or towards your life purpose. It is so important to have a ‘Purpose’, this keeps YOU focussed and gives YOU energy – A Spring in YOUR Step. Yippee!!!!!
Let me explain the above in more detail. My ‘Life Purpose’ is to work with women who are wanting to learn, grow and develop. This keeps me going and focussed, because I have a passion for women to feel great about themselves, achieve what they want to, and become the person they may not be showing everyone at the moment. Basically, I want Women to be Empowered!!! This gives me a ‘Spring in my Step’.
So, let’s start again, New Year’s Resolution check list:
- What is your purpose?
- Is it something you want to achieve?
- How important is it to you?
- Is it possible to achieve?
- Does it resonate with your purpose?
- It is possible to break down your resolution to smaller steps?
- Do you need some support to achieve this?
- Do you have a plan?
- Do you have a task list?
- Do you have the finances for this?
- What is your time management like?
- How disciplined are you?
- If I asked you in three months how far are you down the track with your resolution do you think you could say to me “ I have achieved this, this, this”? or would you answer “I have not achieved anything” or “I have not crossed anything off of my task list”
- Have you blocked out lunches?
- Have you blocked out holidays? – 13 & 14 are so, so important. We need to take a breather and also to take time out to relax
How to achieve this:
- Buy a calendar planner
- Buy some post its – these can be page markers or day markers
- Think about your pens. Are you like me? You like to have colour in your life, I use lots of different coloured pens.
- Buy a diary, jazz it up
- If stuck or you procrastinate – pay for a ‘Coach’
- Have your task list for each day – remember to be sensible with your list. What is so ,so important to achieve these tasks. Instead of the old way of marking your list A, B, C, how about for something different marking them with colour e.g. your favourite colour is for the most important etc,etc. I use colour and fun stickers http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/elc-fun-stickers-glitter-butterflies-20-pack-el0990
- At the end of the day, go through your list and priortise for the next day
Please feel free to pass this article on.
Mobile: +61 4388 44688